Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Vampire's Assistant by Darren Shan


Year Published: 2000

My Rating: 5 stars

256 pages

Weight: 6.4 ounces = 0.4

This is the second book in the Cirque Du Freak series..(Young Adult Fiction)

It's the story of Darren the half-vampire and assitant to his mentor Mr. Crepsley (the vampire) to travel all around, then they decide to join the Cirque Du Freak.

Darren needed friendship and found it with Evra, then while the Cirque is resting he meets a boy named Sam Grest who becomes a very dear friend to Darren.. and a nature guy named RV.

Some troubles happen in the Cirque and Darren is devastated..

A very nice series, I already started the third book..

6 comments:

Errant said...

;/ vampires !! i can't stand it .. i dunno why .. I hardly gave Twilight a try !!

Vickie said...

I love this title! I am adding yet another to my wishlist.

Angela said...

I haven't read this title yet, but I'm going to. I just heard about it through the movie listings that I researched. On my blog angelacameron.wordpress.com, I put up a list of the vampire movies that are coming out over the next year or two. Cirque was included in those.

Angie

Desert Rose said...

Errant, you don't like vampires? those cute creatures of the night :)
Did you read Twilight? Did you finish it?
If you didn't like it maybe you just don't like young adult fiction.. you could try the Sookie Stackhouse series.. it's vampires but much more mature.. a very very good series.. you could check my previous reviews :)
i just can't help it .. I LOVE vampires ;)

Vickie, LOL I know it's addictive :)

Angela, that is so cool, I would love to see it as a movie!! I just checked your blog.. really nice :)

Unknown said...

Just curious, do you like this series? I've tried to read the first one but I just had such a hard time getting into it, I'm up to the part where they go to the show, does it get better?

Desert Rose said...

Yes I very much enjoy the series Angelica, and it does get better!
Going to the show is just a prologue to the story ;)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive