Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Burn by Anne Rainey (Linda Ingmanson)


Year Published: 2009

My Rating: 4 stars
106 pages

Distance: Connecticut, USA = 6274.3 miles / 10097.4 kilometers

I read the review for this book at Cindy's Blog and it caught my interest so I went and bought and read it.. Check out Cindy's review ..

Ally and Blake were highschool sweethearts and the only man Ally loved. Then he went and broke her heart by leaving to New York. Ten years later he reappears and wants to start where they left off. But this time Ally has Heather to help her out ;)

Can he mend her broken heart and make her overcome her pride or will she give him the cold shoulder.. Steamy scenes not for the faint hearted!
I simply adored this book :)

A quote I liked in this book..

"You're my sweet angel, Ally. Your blonde hair looks like a halo framing your face." He paused a moment, just staring, then said, "What we're about to do ... It's different, Ally. I've been with girls, you know that, but with you, it's just different, that's all."
"I'm scared, Blake."
He stroked my face and smiled. "I know, but I'll make it real good for you, baby. I'll make it memorable for both of us."
Other points on view about this book :)

8 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

Oh hot, hot, hot, baby!
And only 106 pages...oh my.
I enjoy fun short reads.

Amy C said...

I read this for the f/f content a few months ago. I thought it was pretty darn good!

Cindy W said...

So glad you liked this one!!! I'm checking out Samantha Kane's Brother in Arms next thanks to Ms. Moonlight!!!

Desert Rose said...

Jenny Girl, yes it was really hot :)

Amy, sure was! Know anything else just as good?!

Cindy, I'm so glad I read your review and thought of trying it out! I'll be waiting for your review for Brother in Arms :)

Cindy W said...

You can check out Ms. Moonlight's blog for Brother in Arms reviews if you can't wait!

http://moonlighttotwilightblog.blogspot.com/

Desert Rose said...

Cindy, I think I might just do that.. thanx :)

Amy C said...

Yes, ma'am as a matter of fact I think I might know of some f/f content that is just as good. Kirsten Saell writes some fabulous stories, IMO! I read Healer's Touch of hers first. It has some fab f/f. And then I read her other two, one comes before HT and the other comes after but they go right together. They are crossing Swords and Bound by Steel. They're erotic Fantasy! I did review all three on my blog. Here's a link if you're interested!

http://romancebookwyrm.blogspot.com/search/label/Kirsten%20Saell

Desert Rose said...

Amy, thanks for the recommnendations I'll surely look them up :) and I will check your reviews too!

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive