Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Quote a Day - Day #3


This weeks Weekly Geeks is about A Quote a Day for a whole week :)

You may want to come up with a theme, such as favorite passages from books, author quotes, political quotes, quotes about books or reading, humorous quotes, whatever. Or you may not want a theme at all; maybe you just want to gather up seven assorted quotes that appeal to you. You may want to start each of your posts of the week with a quote, or you may want to give quotes posts of their own in addition to your regular posts. It’s all up to you!

Signing Mr Linky this week means you’re committing to posting a quote each day for a full week, starting on the day you sign up. You can postdate your quote posts so they appear automatically if you can’t get to your blog each day.

My theme will be favorite quotes from books I've read from this year till now..

Day #3
Today's is weird!

"I got a say this to you one time, Jack, and I ain't foolin. What I don't know," said Ennis,"all them things I don't know could get you killed if I should come to know them."
"Try this one," said Jack, "and I'll say it just one time. Tell you what, we could a had a good life together, a f*ckin real good life. You wouldn't do it, Ennis, so what we got now is Brokeback Mountain. Everthing built on that. It's all we got, boy, f*ckin all, so I hope you know that if you don't never know the rest. Count the damn few times we been together in twenty years. Measure the f*ckin short leash you keep me on, then ask me about Mexico and then tell me you'll kill me for needin it and not hardly never gettin it. You got no f*ckin idea how bad it gets. I'm not you. I can't make it on a couple a high-altitude f*cks once or twice a year. You're too much for me, Ennis, you son of a wh*reson b*tch. I wish I knew how to quit you."

Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx

I know it has some strong language but I tried to * that :) it's the best part of the book!! I just had to quote it... I just had to :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your quote...I haven't read Brokeback Mountain yet, but I loved, no, adored The Shipping News. Thanks much!

Desert Rose said...

I haven't read The Shipping News but read about it a couple of times, si I might try it out soon :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive