Sunday, March 22, 2009

Speak No Evil by Allison Brennan


Speak No Evil by Allison Brennan

Year Published: 2007

My Rating: 5 stars

432 pages

Distance: Sacramento, California = 8112.5 miles / 13055.8 kilometers

This is the first book of the No Evil series and it's the first book I read for this author. I'm a definite fan now!! WOW this lady sure can write mysteries!!

Detective Carina Kincaid is called to a murder scene of a young girl, all the circumstantial evidence points to Steve Thomas, so Steve calls his sheriff brother from Montana Nick to come and help him.

The killer does not seem to be satisfied with one girl and soon starts on a raping-killing spree..

Will the detective and her brothers along with the sheriff catch him before he hits yet again?! And will the feelings between Carina and Nick develop into something more serious ?!

It's a very gripping, page-turning book. The murders are intense and horrifying but I loved the details and the flow of the story. Very recommended book for crime/mystery readers!

4 comments:

Dorte H said...

Thanks for the recommendation!
This sounds like a really good book.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Ooooh, a murder mystery series! I get sucked into these things, and I have to read every one of them. Thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...

It sounds really good. Good review!

Desert Rose said...

Dorte, my pleasure and it really is a very good book!

Sandy, my pleasure, yeah It's a trilogy till now. I don't know if she is planning on more, but I don't think so since they were all published in 2007.. I will be picking up the second book soon :)

Insert Book Title Here, thanks, it is really good. If you like this genre don't miss out on it :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive