Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Pumpkin Mashers by Linda Oness


Year Published: 2007

My Rating: 2 stars

23 pages

Distance: Oakville, Ontario Canada = 6463.8 miles / 10402.5 kilometers

This is also an ebook I bought from Champagne Books for $1, trying out new authors :)

It starts with a traveller getting killed by some creature and nobody knows what this creature is on a farm owned by a man and his twin daughters.

The Sheriff comes by to tell them about it and they all assume it's an accident and that the man was killed by a wolf!

But the Sheriff is not convinced and tries to investigate.. will there be more to it than just a mere accident?!

It's a short story, but not to my taste. I was disappointed with the ending! Maybe with a bit more details it would have been better for me.. just not my cuppa tea!

3 comments:

Dorte H said...

Well, good that you only paid one dollar for it :)
It doesn´t sound like my cup of tea either.

Erotic Horizon said...

For some reason this sounds like a teaser to an upcoming novel - at only 23pages- not a lot of time to invest any sort of weight to either the characters or the plot -

Let us see where the author goes with this.

I love the cover.

E.H>

Desert Rose said...

Dorte, yeah I'm glad I didn't have to pay more than that :)

Erotic Horizon, I don't know if it's supposed to be a teaser or not, it was labeled as a short story.. it seemed done by the end of it.. but I won't be looking forward to any of the author's other writings :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive