Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fear No Evil by Allison Brennan


Fear No Evil by Allison Brennan

Year Published: 2007

My Rating: 5 stars

416 pages

Distance: Sacramento, California = 8112.5 miles / 13055.8 kilometers

This is the third book in this series and unfortunatly the last.. I would really love to read a book about each of the Kincaid siblings :)

Lucy Kincaid, the youngest of the Kincaid breed has been kidnapped on her graduation day by an online predator and made her family frantic.

Then they discover that she is being broadcasted live on the Internet via a live feed somewhere anonymous, with less than 48 hours to live and a vote to which way the viewers wish she meets her end!

Kate Donovan is a former FBI agent who has been tracking this kidnapper/murderer "Trask" for over 5 years with no luck. After a sting going bad ending up with her lover Evan and her partner Paige dead, she went into hiding.. But the Kincaids find her and ask her cooperation to catch this so-called Trask. All they know him by is by the nickname .. he seems not to exist anywhere!

Dillon Kincaid the forensic phsycologist is trying hard to understand the motives of Trask, so he digs into Trask's background and childhood to try to find out who he really is.. trying to think like Trask to know what he might or might not do.. to understand his way of thinking and his motives, to try to save his sister's life!

Will they be able to catch him before Lucy's time is up? Is she really his goal or does he want more? Could Kate fight her own demons and find peace again?

This book was a roller coaster from the beginning, true that it took me a while to read but that was because I was very busy.. it was so hard to put down but I just had to do it.. Everytime I think everything is going to be fine, something happens and changes everything..

I really wish Ms. Brennan would consider more books in this series.. I really need to know what happens to Patrick :)

Quotes I liked from the book..

His head was bandaged, and for some reason that bothered her more than anything. It made everything more real. That he'd had brain surgery because of the explosion that nearly killed him. That he was in a coma and might not survive.

He couldn't look at her with pity, he wouldn't tell her everything would be all right. He wouldn't offer her food or suggest that she get some sleep.

"It just proves that it doesn't matter how smart or careful you are; if a predator wants you he'll find a way."



.

16 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Haven't heard about her before, but it does sounds thrilling.

Becky W. said...

This sounds really good! Nice review! Do I need to start at the beginning of the series or do the books stand on their own?

Allison Brennan said...

Hi Desert Rose:

I'm so glad you enjoyed this book. I just sold a Lucy Kincaid series that starts in October of 2010.

Nelia Kincaid has a secondary role in PLAYING DEAD and Jack Kincaid is the hero of SUDDEN DEATH. Patrick will be recurring character in Lucy's series.

Allison

The Book Resort said...

I hope you enjoy her other books.

Beth F said...

I haven't heard of this either, but I think I want to read the series. Great review!!

Desert Rose said...

Blodeuedd, it is very thrilling :) you should try it out!

Becky, they are stand alone but with the recurring characters it would be better to read it in order because the events happen in sequence.. and you would really feel for the Kincaids and know their personalities much better .. I wouldn't have read them any other way :)

Ms. Brennan, It is such a wonderful surprise to find you here :) I'm honored!
I'm really happy to know that the Kincaids will be recurring in other novels.. specially Patrick :) thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!
I will be sure to get these books and will be patiently awaiting Lucy's series :) but please don't keep us waiting much :)

The Book Resort, I will be getting her other books becuase I'm definitly a fan :)

Beth, thanks, and it was such a ride :) I really highly recommend it!

Sandy Nawrot said...

That sounds intense! I love thriller series...I may try to track these down at the used store around the corner from me!

Erika said...

Allison Brennan's work is the best. I have yet to read a book by her and I don't absolutely love. I hope everyone who reads your review will pick up a copy of any of her books. They're in for quite a treat.

Desert Rose said...

Sandy, I love thrillers too, and this series was over my expectations :)

Erika, you know if I'm asked which of the 3 books is my favorite.. I can't choose, I loved all 3 equally and they are from my favorite books I read till now this year! I will go get one of her other series to start :)
I agree with you that whoever reads these books will be in for a treat! and I hope my review would convice somee to try it..
Just the right dose of thrill for me :)

Sharon said...

It sounds like a good book, it sounds scary! I'll have to look these up as I haven't heard of them before. Have my nose stuch in my TBR pile!I see the author has left a comment!

Jenners said...

Haven't heard of this series before but it sounds quite interesting. And wow -- you got an answer about the future from the author herself! How cool! : )

Desert Rose said...

Sharon, it is good and it is scary because the monsters here are not supernatural creatures but human beings, and those are the scariest :)
You should really give it a try this series it's great!
And yes the author has kindly honored me with a comment here.. I'm so lucky :)

Jenners, very very interesting!!
Yes it was so cool to have her comment here.. I was so honored and happy.. it was so sweet of her!
Now I'm of to check out her other books.. I need to know what happens to the other Kincaids, I just love them :)

Jess said...

This sounds like a great read. Thanks for the wonderful review.

Desert Rose said...

Jess, it sure is great.. glad you enjoyed the review :)

Teddyree said...

ooh great reviews on this author's books. I really must check her out.

Desert Rose said...

Teddyree, I'm sure you won't be disappointed :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive