Saturday, April 11, 2009

The TBR Pile Game!

Anna Campbell's at Romance Bandits says:

"We're all addicted to books! We all have towering TBR piles.

I thought it might be fun to ask you all to pull the top five books off your TBR piles and report on them here. I bet we get some interesting selections! No cheating! Just whatever comes off first."

So I was thinking should I pull off 5 books from my physical TBR or my Virtual TBR ?!

Then I thought it would not be fair for my virtual TBR (which contain 890 books right now) to get neglected if I chose the physical and vise versa.. so I decided to list my 5 books of each so my 2 TBR piles won't get mad at me and ban me from reading them ;) how could I ever live without them!!

My 5 books from my Physical TBR pile are..

1. Hot Blooded by Lisa Jackson (this one I'm actually planning to read soon for the Lisa Jackson read-a-fest, I mean it ! :) )

2. Until I Find You by John Irving

3. The Chemistry of Death by Simon Beckett

4. The Best Revenge by Stephen White

5. The Thread Of Fear by Laura Griffin
----------------------------------------------

My 5 books from my Virtual TBR at Shelfari (sorted by last added) are..

1. The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

2. The Loch by Steven Alton

3. True Evil by Greg Iles

4. Blaze by Stephen King

5. Twice Kissed by Lisa Jackson

Although these are the latest added to my virtual pile I'm not planning on reading them soon.. that is because I'm participating in a "few" challenges, I'm trying to catch up with :)

EDIT:
Daz reminded me that I have an Ebook TBR that I completely forgot about .. how that happened is beyond me.. so here is my Ebook TBR before I get banished from Ebook land :)

1. Romeo's Dead But Juliet Faked It By Christine McKay
2. A Love That Lasts By Melanie Rutan
3. Fall From Grace By Eve Asbury
4. On The Brink Of Something By George Del Pozzo
5. Kisses Of Fire By Phyllis Campbell

13 comments:

Deanna said...

I ended up with 3 lists for the game. 1 for my eBooks, 1 for my physical books and 1 from my book club list, also physical books. So many books, so little time! *sigh*

Teddyree said...

LOL I liked your physical/virtual tbr piles. Unfortunately my physical TBR list is almost as unjumpable and scary looking as the virtual. Like you I'm trying to get some Lisa Jackson's done for the read-a-fest. Maybe I should threaten myself with a purging of my TBR pile if I don't get my act together!

Sandy Nawrot said...

What lies at the top of my TBR pile changes by the day. Because I've felt highly unproductive lately with the reading of a very large audio and a very large hard book, I've decided I will read nothing but books for my challenges until I make some damn headway!

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

My TBR pile changes often because it's always falling over and then I have to restack the books - so it changes a lot! My virtual one is huge too - about 200. I have The Loch on my TBR list too, something I've wanted to read for a long time, I hope to get to it this year.

Desert Rose said...

Daz, I totally forgot about my ebook list!!
I might add that to my post too.. oh my I'm drwning in books.. I guess I really need to get a life :)

Teddyree, LOL glad I'm not alone :)

Sandy.. you are not alone.. I guess most of us have scary tbr piles that threaten to collapse on us :)

Julie, WOW so you have a lot of books like me.. whoever reads the Loch first tells the other ok?!

Anna Campbell said...

Love your list, Desert Rose! What's been absolutely fascinating is the range of books that everyone came up with. Thanks for playing! I had great fun snooping in everybody else's reading!

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of books to read. Happy reading!

Desert Rose said...

Anna, thanks for passing by.. yes it's fun looking araound the lists and adding some more to the pile :)

Insert Book Title Here, I sure do :) thanks!

Jenny Girl said...

Oh no! An ebook TBR too? Stop the madness girl! ha-ha

Desert Rose said...

LOL Jenny, what can I do, I truly have one! But if Daz didn''t remind me of I wouldn't have remembered.. but it's there on my computer and reader just waiting to be read :)

Sadako said...

I don't really have a formal list like you do, but Wintergirls has definitely been in the back of my mind and I'm FINALLY reading it and really enjoying it.

The Book Resort said...

Happy Reading.

Desert Rose said...

Sadako, I didn't have a formal list but once I saw this game I thought I'll make some :)

The Book Resort, thanks :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive