Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dead To The World By Charlaine Harris


Year Published: 2004

My Rating: 5 stars

320 pages

Weight: 5.6 ounces = 0.35 lb.

This is the forth book of the Southern Vampires series featuring Sookie Stackhouse.

It seems this series just gets better and better, If it was possible to give more than 5 stars i would have done so.
Although I loved all the books in this series till now this is by far the best!

It starts with Sookie going back home from work at night when she finds a naked man running on the side of the road (well he is wearing Jeans but that's all), when whe stops to try to help him she is surprised to find that it is the vampire Eric!
It turns out he has no idea who he is, or what he is doing there.. so she takes hime home..
He is so much different when he is not himself, if you thought he was hot before he is even hotter now!! *fanning myself*
Then Jason goes missing..
A lot of events happen with some action thrown in..

Very highly recommended series :)

These are my reviews for the books I read from this series in order:
1. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
2. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
3. Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

Others points of view about this book.. :)
Alaine @ Alaine's Reading Blog
Kara @ World According to Books
Beth F @ Beth Fish Reads
.

8 comments:

Beth F said...

I agree! The series does keep getting better. I think I'm just one book ahead of you. We've been watching the HBO series too -- but the books are better.

Anonymous said...

I wish I can read vampires stories! I donno


Amazing blog girl, most of your blog rolls got stoeln lol

Darlene said...

lol-I remember ERic. I really need to get back to this series.

Desert Rose said...

Beth, that's great.. so we are quite close in our reading :)
I've been watching the series too, I like it but I agree the books are so much better.. but I kinda have the characters from the series stuck in my mind, although I got a bit mixed up since it's different than the books and somethings that happen in the series never happened in the books.. but I still like it..

hissweetheart, why don't you try? this series is really cool.. the first book is called Dead until Dark you could find the review for the book in my blog somewhere :)
Thanx, happy you like my blog my dear ;) as for my blog roll, glad you liked it to find it interesting :)

Dar, mmmmmm Eric he is soooooooooo hot in this book, can't wait to read book 5 :)

Vickie said...

This is my absolute favorite of the series! Naked amnesiac Eric! YUM! I have to get this one on audio.

Desert Rose said...

Oh Vickie, I LOL at "Naked amnesiac Eric!" So so so true :)

Alaine said...

I loved this series! From the first book to the last. Here is the link to my review http://alainereading.blogspot.com/2009/02/dead-to-world-by-charlaine-harris.html

Desert Rose said...

Thanks Alaine for the link I just added it to my review :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive