Monday, November 3, 2008

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Year Published: 2001

My Rating:5 Stars

292 pages

This is the first book in the Southern Vampires series "Sookie Stackhouse"

I've heard so much about this book being recommended so I thought I would give it a try, and now I'm hooked!!

It's a story about the "gifted" waitress Sookie that befriends a Vampire, in a world where vampires are acknowledged legally and are living among humans trying to "mainstream" that is to blend in with them.

She encounters some adventures, some deaths and a lot of fun..
It was a fast fun read that put a smile on my face, well actually made me grin like an idiot in a room full of people.. I loved it and will be continueing the series as soon as I can.

I highly recommend this book :)

It was made into a series "True Blood" and true it's based on the story, it is bit different but good all the same!

Other Reviews:
Meghan @ Medieval Bookworm
Alaine @ Queen Of Happy Endings

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I definitely agree with fun! I'm sure this book could have had me grinning in a room full of people, it's that good.

- Meghan @ Medieval Bookworm

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive