Saturday, November 8, 2008

Case Histories: A Novel by Kate Atkinson


Date Published : 2004

310 pages

4 stars

Three different cases happen in different times.. A little girl just disappears leaving guilt and grief behind, A woman goes mad and does the unthinkable, and a young woman gets brutally killed.From all these cases, relatives seek a private detective Mr. Brodie to help each in a different way.


The disappearing girl's family want to know what happened to her. The mad woman's sister is looking for her niece and the murdered girls's father wants to know her killer.


The story entwines together in a very nice way, the chapters go around the characters in a way that makes you understand all three stories together. VERY CLEVER!

I liked all that but the ending was quite not what I expected, although some things were expected but the ending was just too fast and not complete to me.. I expected more since it's supposed to be 3 cases. But overall it was a very good book. That's why I gave it a 4 out of 5.


This was the first book I read by her, I was impressed with the style of keeping up with the 3 stories, and it was not hard to get into each one.

What happened was I went "Waaaaaah!!" when I discovered that it's finished I kept turning the pages thinking maybe there is a page I forgot or skipped.. then I was LOL at myself!!! So it kinda took me by surprise :)


BTW This is one of the books that I won with the gift certificate from Amazon given to me by PBT..

No comments:

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive