Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


Date Published: 1991

My Rating : 4 stars

896 pages

One of the best romance stories I've read in years. It reminds me of A Knight In Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux.

The beautiful love story of Jamie and Claire :)

It starts with a 27 year old nurse called Claire Beauchamp in the year 1945, childless but happily married to Frank Randall and living a quiet life in post war Scotland.

One day she goes investigating a plant she sees in a stone circle, when she suddenly gets pulled in and finds herself in the year of the Lord 1743 about two hundred years prior her time.

She encounters Frank's six-time great grandfather Jonathan Randall otherwise known as Jack Black. Then gets kidnapped or rescued by Dougal McKenzie's men where she meets the young Jamie a wounded lad of 23, being a nurse she helps him and they take her to their lands.

Meeting the chieftain of the McKenzie's, Colum McKenzie she is assigned as the physician of the clan.

A lot of events happen, and we meet so many people but the main thing is Clair somehow marries young Jamie and a passion ignites like no other. This is where the story really starts.

Such a love story that is so filled with innocence and passion that has to touch you to the core.

Being a wanted man, her Jamie flees for his life and Clair trying to rescue him, after he rescued her a number of times.

A very heart warming story that grips you till the end, at times I just couldn't put the book down, I'm sure to continue in this series because I can't wait to know what happens next.

I strongly recommend this book, although I gave in 4 out of 5 stars. Why I did that? Well that is because there were a couple of times that I was annoyed in some events or beliefs that I didn't care for but that is entirely personal other than that is was flawless.

Did I mention it was such a love story?! Oh, I did!! It also had a sense of humor, well Jamie's in particular and Claire. I caught myself smiling and shaking my head a number of times ;)

The best of the book is the last part, the events are fast and the details are just so graphical you just need to know what happens and FAST!

Other Reviews:
Lilly @ Reading Extravaganza
Smash @ Great Books and Fresh Coffee
Jess @ Barney's Book Blog

6 comments:

Beth F said...

Keep up with the series -- it gets better and better with each one. I've read the whole thing twice now (once in print and once on audio).

Desert Rose said...

WOW, that's cool! You made me even more interested! I will, but I might wait till January so I could fit it in some of my challenges :) thx

Bella Foxx said...

Hi! You've been tagged!

Desert Rose said...

Aww, thanks Bella my very first award :) If only I could tag you back I would :)

Melanie said...

I love this series, this is my favorite Outlander Cover. I cannot wait for the next book one more year.....

Desert Rose said...

Melanie, isn't the cover just so romantic ?! i love it too!
I can't wait to read the second book :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive