Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris


Year Pulished: 1996

My Rating: 5 stars

214 pages

Weight: 4 ounces = 0.25 lb.

(Cozy Mystery)

This is the first book in the Lily Bard Mysteries series.
Lily Bard is a very efficient cleaning lady living in Shakespeare. When her landlord is murdered she becomes a prime suspect because of her past.
So she tries to prove her innocence by figuring out who the true killer is.

This is a first for me in this series - well since it's the first book - but I found that Lily is a very complex and interesting character who I enjoyed reading about! I enjoyed how she goes about to figuring clues and being very perceptive.

A fast and fun read that will not disappoint! I will be continueing this series which I think totals 5 books :)


13 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

Oooh! These look fun...looking forward to hearing more about the series!

Anonymous said...

I totally feel the same way! Love this series and this author!

Desert Rose said...

Sandy, this book sure was fun, I had a hard time putting the book down!

J.Kaye, I love this author too, she has become one of my favorites, can't seem to read a book of hers that I didn't like :)

Beth F said...

ooooh!!! A new (to me) Charlaine Harris series. I'm so addicted to a good mystery series!

I'm almost caught up with Sookie, I'll have to get to know Lily.

Yvonne said...

I have this series in my TBR. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I hope you don't mind, but I tagged you for a Happy Tag on my blog. Check it out!

drey said...

I really enjoy Charlaine Harris' books. And Lily Bard is a good character to read about. She's strong, yet vulnerable. I almost wish there were more than 5 books in this collection...

Darlene said...

Once I get caught up with Sookie I'll have to read this series. It sounds good. I really like the cover on this one.

Vickie said...

This is my second favorite of Charlaine's series. Glad you got to meet Lily and you like her. She is an amazingly well written character.

His Sweetheart said...

Seems niiiice!

Desert Rose said...

Beth, you really should try out Lily you will love her :)

Yvonne, thanx for the tag and of course I don't mind, I'll do it as soon as I can :)

drey, glad you like this series too :)

Dar, it is a really good series, although I just read the first book but it's very promising :)

Vickie, very very true, the character is very well written.

His sweetheart, very very nice :)

Ladytink_534 said...

These are the only books by Charlaine Harris I haven't read yet

Desert Rose said...

Ladytink, you should really try it out :)

Sharon said...

I really liked this series and have hoped to see more of Lily.

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive