Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Charlotte's Web by E. B. White

My first book of the year 2009 !!

Published: 1952

Weight: 14.4 ounces = 0.9 lb.

Pages: 192 pages

4 stars

Wilbur the pig befriends Charlotte the spider, helping him and educating him, she then tries to save his life.
It was a fun fast read, true it's childrens book but still it was fascinating. I enjoyed the conversations between Wilbur and Charlotte the most.

A really nice book to read specially with your kids :)

Other points of view about this book:
Things Mean A Lot
Nothing of Importance
Becky's Book Reviews
Dog Ear Diary

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book! Could never grow tired of the story. :)

Desert Rose said...

Yeah it was sweet :) first time for me to read it though!

Darlene said...

I have always loved Charlotte's Web. Takes me back...

Desert Rose said...

Dar, glad you enjoyed it too!

Toni said...

I love Charlotte's Web. It is a fantastic story.

Desert Rose said...

Toni, glad you enjoyed it :)

Anonymous said...

I love this book! I have a ragged copy that I got for my 8th birthday that is one of my prized possessions. I love the movie, too (the old animated version, not the new Dakota Fanning "Fern's Web" version). Congrats on finishing a Lit Flicks Challenge selection!

Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive