Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Dear Father-In-Law Passed Away!!


My last post was about my Dad passing away, this one is sadly about my Father-in-Law's (who I call my Uncle) passing away :(

My Father-In-Law was admitted to the hospital on the same day my dad was admitted that was Sunday 16th August, he then had some complications and got a chest infection then admitted to the ICU while my dad was a;ready in a coma. We did not inform my Father-in-Law about my father's deteriorating state to avoid upsetting him because they were very close friends and family.
At the time my dad's heart stopped my Father-In-Law was sent to have a CT Scan so he did not know what was going on in the ICU, that was coincidental!
He was on machines so they were keeping him asleep so it would not bother him and visitations were limited so we could not see him, only his sons were allowed..
Then on Sunday 30 August at around 6:30 pm I called to check up and was told he has just passed away.. it was so shocking I could not believe I would loose my two fathers one week apart!!

If this was a movie, I would have said they are exaggerating because it's too unbelievable.. I'm still in shock from my dad and now my second dad.. I was waiting for him to come home to tell him about my dad and try to find some peace talking to him and telling him how I feel, he always listens to me and gives me all the attention I need, he does this with everyone.. He had a very huge heart that accommodates everyone, he never pushes anyone away and would listen to everyone young and old.. He was very wise and righteous.. I had so many things I wanted to ask him and share with him.. I knew he was the best person to console me about my dad.. Now I lost him before I had a chance to do that..
His wife and children are so devastated specially his daughters (my sister's-in-law), I'm trying to console them the best I can and giving them the support and to advise them by chanting.. "Don't Think"!!

Even my husband is in a very bad shape, he is trying to be strong for his mother and his siblings but it's so very hard.. plus he is supporting me!!

So now we are both trying to support and console each other, and we both know that we each love both dads so very dearly.

Both my dads were the heads of their families.. meaning they were the eldest in each family so they are so popular and loved.. every one coming to console us starts crying :(

I just feel I want to curl up in a corner and die.. I can't think clearly anymore.. I'm still in a shock from my dad and now it's a double shock!

May God be with us all!

33 comments:

Melody said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. {{Hugs}}

jlshall said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your double loss of your two dads. My thoughts are with you and your family right now.

Sandra said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through so much grief right now. May family and friends help you to get through.

ds said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hold each other tight and know that you have many friends who will support you.

Blodeuedd said...

I am so sorry, my love to the both of you and your families.

serendipity_viv said...

My thoughts are with both you and your husband and your families at this time. I am sorry to hear such awful news and such pain at the moment in your family. Big hugs.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Oh no, I am so sorry! I will pray for you, your husband, and both your families during this incredibly hard time. The love and support of both families will see you through. And if you want to crawl in a corner for awhile, that is OK!

Alaine said...

There is so little to be said, other than sorry! I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through.

The painful haze that you are in will last a while, all you can do is allow yourself to feel it and I found it helped to take to my Dad. It's been 2 years and I still talk to him.

Sending you big cyber hugs and hoping that you find the strength to get through this.

A friend sent me this poem and it helped.

Whispers

I whisper your name.... to myself.

I whisper....Happy birthday, and I love you.

I whisper....I still think of you.

I whisper....Goodnight and till we meet again.

I whisper....Take care and hope your angel ears can hear my whispers here on earth.

I whisper....because I am afraid that if I speak too loud, my heart will hear and break again....

So I just whisper........

anonymous

Anna said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Unknown said...

What a devastating loss! I am truly sorry that you have to go through this and your husband as well. I will be keeping you in my prayers so you can manage the grief and come out of it all stronger.

Unknown said...

I 'm so sorry to hear about both of your losses. You and your family are in my prayers.

Maw Books said...

Oh my goodness! What a devastating blow to your family. Hugs.

Serena said...

I am so sorry for both of you. This is a tough time for you. I'll be thinking about you.

teabird said...

I'm so sorry - so much loss, so soon. Take time for yourself if you can - peace.

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

My heart goes to you... My prayers are with you... If you need anything, please let me know. You have my shoulder if needed!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad for you and your family. My thoughts are with you. Sending out hugs through the internet.

Anonymous said...

I am so sad for you and your family. My thoughts are with you. Sending out hugs through the internet.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Hugs and prayers for you, your husband and both of your families in this sad and trying time.

drey said...

Oh honey! I'm so sorry for your loss. =(

((hugs)) to you, your husband, and both your families...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am so very sorry! You will be in my prayers.

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

Dear Dessert Rose! I'm truly sorry to hear about the loss of your father and your father-in-law. All my love goes to you and your families on both sides!

Ceri said...

I am so, so sorry to hear this. I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and I know that you and your family have each other to get you through this. Again, I am so sorry. *hugs*

Teddyree said...

My heart is breaking for you, reading about the loss of your father-in-law so soon after your Dad, I am so sorry you have such unimagineable grief and pain in your lives.

Sending you love, hugs and strength on the wings of a butterfly

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

My thoughts are with you and your family, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can understand your shock.

Take care and look after yourself.

BIG HUGS

Sassy
XX

Anonymous said...

My heart and prayers are with you all. (Hugs)

Unknown said...

So, so sorry for your double loss, my thoughts and prays are with you and your entire extended family.

Dottie

sally said...

Tears are filling up my eyes as i read your blog. It must be very hard for you and your family. We can only send du'a to your past one. Be strong and patience.

The Book Resort said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father in laws passing. My thoughts & prayers to your loved ones. I hope your husband is doing well.

Hugs!

ds said...

Dear Desert Rose,
I came back because I want you to know that there is something waiting for you at my blog, in hopes that it will cheer--if that is a proper word at this difficult time--you and let you know how truly appreciated you are. No strings. When you are ready...

Toni said...

My heart breaks for you. I am so so sorry for your loss.

Christine said...

My deepest sympathy to you and your families as you grieve the losses of these two well loved and admired men. Lean on each other, grieve together, let your friends help you. May you find comfort in the happy memories.

Thinking of you.

Beth F said...

Oh my my. I am soooo sorry to hear of this. I can't even imagine the sorrow and grief. You have friends out here. I'm sending double good thoughts your way. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Desert Rose said...

Thanks to all of you for your hugs, thoughts and prayers.. I really appreciate you all standing by me in my time of sorrow and greif..

Thanks Alaine for those beautiful words.. I've saved them to be printed out later :)

Thanks ds for the lovely award and kind words.. I will post it soon :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive