Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hot Blooded by Lisa Jackson


Hot Blooded by Lisa Jackson

Year Published: 2001

My Rating: 5 stars

461 pages

Dr. Samantha Leeds is a psychiatrist that gives consultation to people through the radio waves. Then she starts getting threatening prank calls and messages threatening to reveal her darkest secret, the secret that was the reason she left Houston.
At the same time, a serial killer is on the loose, leaving weird clues behind.
Are the two connected? Is the killer out to get Samantha? Or is it just plain coincidence?

This was such an interesting book, twists and turns and surprises all the way.
It was the first time I read for Lisa Jackson and it will be the first in many, I loved her story-telling it was so gripping you just have to know what's going to happen next.
I will schedule Cold Blooded, the sequel for this book to be read soon :)

For all those crime/serial killer/murder fans.. This is highly recommended ;)

Quotes I enjoyed from the book:

Wonderful, he thought sarcastically, as the fan blew hot air against the back of his neck, just what this city needs: a serial killer.

Now I know why she's such a bargain. Bright Angel, my ass. More like Satan's Revenge. Maybe I'll rename her if I decide to buy.

Dr. Sam's voice was farther away now, muffled by the static on the radio and the buzz in his mind, but soon, oh, so soon, Samantha Leeds would understand.
About forgiveness and retribution.
About atonement and punishment.
About paying.
For her sins.
All of them.
He'd make her.
Just you wait, Doctor. Your time is coming. Then we'll see what you think about forgiveness, he thought, stroking himself.
Then we'll hear you beg.

4 comments:

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I don't read many crime novels but this book sounded like one I might try. Thanks for the great review, DeSeRt RoSe!

Yvonne said...

I have this one in my TBR. Sounds great.

BTW, I tagged you for a book meme. Hope you don't mind :)

Becky W. said...

This sounds awesome! I wished it! Hopefully can get my hands on a copy and have time to pick it up soon!

Desert Rose said...

Ladybug, it was my pleasure and it really is a good book :)

Yvonne, it truly is.. thanks for the tag, I'll do it as soon as I can ;)

Becky, oh I hope you get it soon :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive