Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux



Year Published: 2001

My Rating: 5 stars

416 pages

Have you even wanted to rewrite your past?

Three women on their 21st birthday meet for a very brief day full of hopes and dreams. Starting careers in New York!

Then after 19 years they arrange to meet for their 40th birthday. Each of them encountered different events that changed the courses of their lives.

They are then given a chance to alter their lives and to choose a different future. So what would they choose to change and how would that change alter their lives.

I always asked myself this question, if I ener had a chance to change something in my life and to be given a second chance for another future what would I do?!

I loved this book eminisly .. It was so charming, romantic and full of captivating sense of humor that the girls shared.

I haven't read a Deveraux book in ages and I don't know what made me stop reading them although she is one of my favorite authors. But now I know I will be looking for her titles again, specially the sequel to this book "Return to Summerhouse" which is already on my immediate TBR.

Amazingly wonderful read and regarded as one of my favorites for this year.

Quotes I enjoyed form this book:

I will post this soon!

3 comments:

Erotic Horizon said...

I love this book as well...

Deveraux is one of my favourite authors...

E.H

Unknown said...

She is one of my all time favorite writer. After reading your post, I had to go and dig out my copy to reread. Did you know she wrote a second book? Return to Summerhouse, I found it in a bookstore and I just had to have it. Have a great day :)

Desert Rose said...

Erotic Horizon, seems we have similar tastes :) Did you read the sequel??

Ann Marie, Did you read the sequel too? It's on my immediate TBR.. so I hope I get to start it soon :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive