Monday, October 12, 2009

The Awakening (Vampire Diaries Book 1) By Lisa J Smith


The Awakening (Vampire Diaries Book 1) By Lisa J Smith

Year Published: 1991

My Rating: 4 stars

320 pages

This is the first book in the Vampire Diaries series.

I read about the new TV series based on this series and saw part of the first episode and got interested in reading the books so I picked this book and thought I would give it a try.. The book flew!!

It was such a fast read it was amazing..

Elena Gilbert is the famous high school teenager who has everything and gets everything she wants including boys.. Well except Stefan Salvatore who she wants but seems immune to her ways.. well actually he seems to be avoiding her.

Stefan Salvatore is trying to live a normal life with humans and avoid any attachments.. but Elena is becoming a distraction.. who said being a vampire was easy :)

Then strange things start to occur in their small town, people are getting hurt and then a man gets killed.. all the fingers point at one direction.. Stefan!!

Is he innocent? Or is he doing something evil and blacking out?

I have totally enjoyed this book, it's young adult and so much fun, kinda reminded me of Twilight since they are all high school students..
I was so engrossed in the story and time just flew.. I had to peel the book out of my hands because it was getting so late and I had to sleep.. if I let my self go I would have finished it in one night!
So if you are a Twilight fan you might think of giving this a try.. !

Vampires are so COOL ;)

Quotes I enjoyed from the book:

His tutor had often said it: An aristocrat should dress as befits his position. If he does not, he is showing contempt for other. Everyone had a place in the world, and his place had once been among the nobility. Once.

His tutor had had another saying: Evil will never find peace. It may triumph, but it will never find peace.

In that instant, Elena was aware that she was beautiful. It wasn't just the dress, or the way her hair was done. She was beautiful in herself: slender, imperial, a thing made of silk and inner fire. She saw his lips part slightly, reflexively, and then she looked up into his eyes.

This was where she belonged, and she had found it at last. With Stefan, she was home.

2 comments:

Beth F said...

I have the first four books -- I bought them for Amy's challenge. I'm hoping to read the first one during the read-a-thon.

Desert Rose said...

Beth, it was really good and I'm planning on continueing in the series :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive