Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis


4 Stars

Heard it as an audio book on my Ipod..

I think it would have been better to read it since I enjoy reading more than listening.. I might even read it literally very soon.Nice childrens tale of an adventure at sea!!

This is the third book in the series that I read and it was fun.

While Edmund and Lucy are staying with their cousin Eustace, Peter is getting reading for enterace exams for the University amd Susan is travelling through America with their parents.

One day they go though an adventure with their cousin Eustace on board the Dawn Treader, after being drawn through a painting on the wall of the ship.. They meet King Caspian and pass by different islands with exciting creatures.

Although Eustace was a bit of a mean kid in the beginning he get's to mellow out as the story enfolds!

2 comments:

Beth F said...

I've read the whole series a number of times. But I listened the series on audio for the first time earlier this year. I loved the audio versions, but I think they probably do better for re-reading than for an initial read.

Desert Rose said...

I've read the first 2 books then listened to this on audio since I wanted to finish the book for a challenge and had something to do at the same time, so I thought I'd listen to the audio. But I think I will like it more if I read it.
This was the first audio book I listen to, I tried it before on another book but fell asleep in less than 15 minutes ;)
Once I have the time and no pressing challenges to keep up with, I'll read it :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive