Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An Autumn Wedding by C J Perryman


An Autumn Wedding by C J Perryman
Year Published: 2010

My Rating: 5 stars

36 pages

This book is a short story I got for free from Smashwords.

Nicola went to a wedding reception prepared with her silver balls and to watch some fun. She sees her all-time friend David and Stewart there.
She catches the bride and groom in an upstairs bedroom but stays in the dark. She then sees another couple at the boathouse rocking their world.

When the party ends, she takes David home with her to have their private fun together.

Sweet, nice story that introduced me to this new-to-me author. I enjoyed the writing style and the story very much.
Plus I loved the cover, it is so GORGEOUS and ROMANTIC.

Quotes I enjoyed from the book:
"Catch." Nicola tossed the slickly-coated ball gently across the table. David caught it, smelt tit as he would the cork of a delicate wine and then held it in front of his mouth, his tongue flicking out just twice to taste its flavour.
"Mmm. But don't these usually come in pairs?"
"They do. Another man has the second."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog: http://emeraldfiresbookmark.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award-from-jennifer.html

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive