Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays (Oct. 13)

teasertuesdays31Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser for this week ..

"Peg started to say something, then changed her mind and took a gulp of her wine. Guilt? This could either be amusing or upsetting. My brother’s idea of a ‘date’ and mine were embarrassingly different. Evan’s goal to find me a long term mate didn’t jibe with my own goal not to get involved. Not now. I’d been burned by what I thought was a true love-hello married-at nineteen."

From "Cover Me" by L.B. Gregg

7 comments:

Cecelia said...

Mmm...sounds like people have different goals in life...Great teaser! It definitely makes me want to know more.

You can check out mine here.

Missy B. said...

Once burned, always cautious! Good for her.

jlshall said...

Interesting situation. Why does her brother think she needs a mate? Nice teaser.

Jo-Jo said...

Great teaser....I can't blame the cautious, that's for sure!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Okay... The book I am reading right now is Amazon Connection by Carol Henry
Pg. 42 - Two sentences...

"Holly suddenly wrapped herself around him. He pulled her closer. Dam, her body heat sizzled his insides." That would be my two!!! Yea, this book is that good!!! **evil grin**
Hope you had a great day hon!!!
Have a wonderful tomorrow!

Teddyree said...

Once burned, twice shy. Looks good, the cover reminds me of a movie I've seen lately but can't remember what! (brain like a seive lol)

Here's my Teaser

Desert Rose said...

Celi.a, yep sure does :) I'll go check your teaser!!

Missy, who said it was a her? ;)

jlshall, actually not her brother :) check the review :)

Jo-Jo, I agree .. thanks :)

Cecile, wow sounds like a great book :)

Teddyree, LOL @ brain like a sieve.. same here :) I'll go check your teaser!!

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive