Monday, May 25, 2009

Musing Mondays (May 25)



Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about gift certificates…

Do you give gift certificates to book stores as presents? If so, do you give for actual stores or online stores? Do you like to receive them yourself?

I have never given gift certificates yet.. I would love to give them out because I would prefer my friends to get the books they prefer instead of giving them something they don't like or that they already have!
I would give an Amazon GC, never tried actual stores but it's tempting :)

Of course I love to recieve them myself, who doesn't?? I received a GC for Amazon from Play Book Tag a group on Shelfari.com .. that was so cool I was ecstatic, and went and got me a few books!!

I'm considering having a giveaway but since it's really hard to send books from my country because our post is not that reliable I've considered giving away GC's .. but I'm still in phase one :)

5 comments:

Beth F said...

I think GCs are great! Happy to give them and to get them.

zetor said...

I love book tokens bith in giving and receiving. My answer is here, http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/todays-discussion-is-following-do-you.html

Darlene said...

I love gift certificates-especially getting them. lol. I give them out too to those I know like to read.

Dorte H said...

I enjoy getting a good book - no matter how! I don´t often give gift certificates, but that is because we live so far out that it is not always convenient. And I am afraid most of my relatives don´t shop online.

Desert Rose said...

Beth, oh so true!! I think so too :)

Zetor, I'll go check your answers.. and thanks for passing by :)

Dar, who doesn't love getting them :)

Dorte, true not everyone wants a book as a gift, so you would have to choose who you would give it to :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive