Friday, April 3, 2009

Musing Monday #7


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about recording your reading…

Do you keep track of what and/or how many books you read? How long have you been doing this? What's your favorite tracking method, and why?If you don't keep track, why not? (question courtesy of MizB)

I never thought of keeping track of what I read until I was introduced to Shelfari by one of me 2 best friends, she sent me the link for the site on my birthday and I subscribed the same day.. it was one of my treasured gifts :)
that was in December 2007..

I joined the 50 book challenge there and started to keep track from January of 2008.. I tried to add the books I read in Dec. 2007 since it coincides with me buying my sony reader.. so since then I know exactly what I read and what order they were read in..

But prior to that, I know most of the books I read but I don't keep track of all of them, I added some of them to my shelf..but that's about it..

Lately I was introduced to writing reviews and I so enjoy it because I love reading other people's reviews :) and it reminds me what that specific book was about even after a while, because sometimes when I'm reading a series I kind of forget which book had what details in it, or what was the main idea of the book! Plus it gives me a chance to voice out my thoughts and ideas about the book since I don't have book buddies in real life, so it's annoying to not be able to talk about a favorite book or a hated book :)

To check out other responses for this week's Musing Monday go here ..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to keep track in this "Book Lovers' Journal" book... but I haven't in a long time. Sometimes I wish I would start up again.

Desert Rose said...

"Book Lovers' Journal" sounds very romantic, that would be nice to record it offline specially for the times when you are busy on vacation and don't really have dedicated time for bloggin :)
I should really look for one I just adore the name :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive