Monday, January 2, 2012

Parkinson's Disease Looking Down the Barrel by Richard Secklin

Parkinson's Disease Looking Down the Barrel by Richard Secklin

Year Published: 2010

My Rating: 5 stars

pages

I got this ebook free from Amazon.

Since my Mom was diagnosed with PD about 7 years ago, I have been trying to understand this disease.
Reading symptoms and medical side effects is something but reading a real life account of someone with the disease is something completely different.
It made me understand certain things my modest research didn't explain.

The author was diagnosed with PD in 2003. Since then he has left his job as a cop, his wife left him and he has moved to another state. All major life changers. He was on the brink of giving up, till his 16 year old son advised him to move to his home state. By doing so he has saved his life.

A great book giving a truthful account of life with PD.

I know it's not easy dealing with PD, but I pray to God to give all PDers the strength and faith to go on and live their lives to the fullest.

I advise anyone diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease or a caregiver to someone with it, to read this book. I'm sure it will help.

No comments:

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive