Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Four To Score by Janet Evanovich


Four To Score by Janet Evanovich

Year Published: 1998
My Rating: 5 stars
313 pages

This is the fourth book in the Stephanie Plum series.

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is after Maxine Nowicki for jumping bail on stealing her ex-boyfriends car. Little does Stephanie know, it gets deeper.. With the help of her backup ex-prostitute named Lula, a cross-dressing drag queen named Sally Sweet who is the puzzle solver, some help from Grandma Mazur and the dangerously handsome vice-cop Joe Morelli :)

As usual Stephanie gets into trouble, has some mishaps with her car and apartment and has someone looking forward to killing her.

More tension between Staphanie and Joe since she had to move in with him temporarly because she didn't have a place to stay. Then rumors run like fire around the Burg.

Really funny book that I enjoyed very much. Stephanie and Joe are starting to grow on me, Grandma Mazur is GREAT.. Lula is a bundle of fun, even the new Sally is interesting. And Ranger is the SHIT as Lula refers to him :)

Quotes I enjoyed from the book:
Vinnie was 5'7", looked like a weasel, thought like a weasel, smelled like a French whore and was once in love with a duck.

"You were trying to get in touch with me?"
"Yeah, I lost your card. I put it down somewhere and couldn't find it. so I looked you up in the phone book...only I got your parents. Good thing, too. Granny told me you're hard up for a man, and it turns out I'm between women right now, and I don't mind older cicks. so I guess this is your lucky day."
The chick made a valient effort not to stab her fork into Eddie Kuntz's eyeball.

"If Mickey Mouse could fly he'd be Donald Duck."

"I though there'd be wanted posters on the walls and gun racks filled with shotguns."
"This isn't dodge City," Lula said. "We got some class here. We keep the guns in the back room with the pervert."

I'd been replaced by a raspberry Popsicle, and Morelli didn't look all that unhappy. I, on the other hand, wanted to smash something. Morelli was right... I wanted him bad. He might have been right about the curtains too, but I didn't want to dwell on the curtains. Lust I could manage, but the very thought of wanting a relationship with Morelli made my blood run cold.

Sally's mascared lashes snapped open. "The Buick? Holy shit, is this your car? It's got portholes. Fucking portholes! What's under the hood."
"A V-eight."
"Yow! A W-eight! A fucking V-eight!"
"Good thing he don't have them tuck underpants on," Lula said. "He'd rupture himself."

"Day my make, punk," Grandma said.

I'm a firm believer in denial. My reasoning is why deal with uppleasantness today when you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. And if you procrastinate long enough, maybe the issue will go away.

It was a small bungalow. All on one floor. Easy to see Maxine wasn't there. "Looks like you're packing."
"Yeah, I'm cleaning out my Dior stuff. I decided I was only wearing Versace from now on."

My eye started to twitch, and I put my finger to it. you see? That's what Morelli does to me...gives me an eye twitch.
Better to live with my parents than Morelli. If I could just make it through a few weeks with my parents, I could move back into my own apartment, and then my life will get back to normal. And then my eye will stop twitching.

No comments:

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams