Saturday, November 14, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - Too Short?


“Life is too short to read bad books.” I’d always heard that, but I still read books through until the end no matter how bad they were because I had this sense of obligation.

That is, until this week when I tried (really tried) to read a book that is utterly boring and unrealistic. I had to stop reading.

Do you read everything all the way through or do you feel life really is too short to read bad books?

Life is truly so short that I prefer not to waste it on bad books.. so usually if I don't like it I'll just skip the book and go pick up something better to read :) I believe I've already wasted so much time reading text books that I really did not enjoy so now it's time for pleasure reading :D

To check out other Booking Through Thursday's ..

4 comments:

Dorte H said...

I get through most books i begin reading, but some time ago another blogger wrote a post about how relatively few thousand books one could read in a lifetime. Her conclusion was that life really WAS too short to read a horrible book, and I think she has a good point. If the plot is just ridiculous or the language is embarrassingly naive, I put it down and pick up something better.

Vickie said...

"Life is too short to read bad books" is going to be on my cremation jar. It's true true true and gets more true the older I get. That and the hundreds of books on Mt Git'r'Read that are waiting to be tried.

Sharon said...

I agree 100%. Life is too short to read a book you are not enjoying!

Desert Rose said...

Dorte, I like the idea of this blogger who concluded the number of books that can be read in a lifetime.. Now I feel that I have to really choose the books I really really want to read.. :)

Vickie, yeah I understand Mt Git'r'Read LOL

Sharon, I guess we better stick to this policy and read enjoyable books only :)

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams