Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks



Although I saw the movie and loved it, I was not much interested in reading the book since I already knoe the story and especially the ending so I kept postponing reading it till I got in the Alphabet Soup Challenge and got to letter "N". So I though why not try it out and see how it goes..

And WOW it was great, it's true it was a bit different than the movie but it was like reading a slightly different story which was perfect.

It's such a touching romantic tale with no sleazy stuff.

The sypnosis for the book from Barnes & Noble ..
A man picks up a very special notebook and begins reading to his beloved wife, his voice recalling the story of their poignant and bittersweet journey to happiness. . . so begins The Notebook, a touching novel that is a dual tale of love lost and found, and of a couple's gentle efforts to retrieve the most cherished moments of their lives. The Notebook is irrepressibly romantic and has become a classic.

1 comment:

sally said...

i think i am going to read this since u love it and i notice we have several fave books in common ;). have a nice day!

My Blogging Awards

Labels

Books Read In 2007

  • PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  • Where There is Evil by Sandra Brown
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block
  • Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block
  • Drop Dead Sexy by Elisa Adams

Blog Archive